- HIV is not a death sentence.
- HIV does not always turn into AIDS.
- You can't get HIV from kissing or household contact.
- Once on the medications and responding well, chances are extremely slim of contracting HIV through sex or blood to blood contact (1 in 300) - though precautions should be taken.
- HIV is a fragile disease. You have to try to "catch" it. Once outside the body, it dies very quickly unlike the flu virus.
- HIV is extremely manageable. It is said to be preferred to diabetes regarding manageability.
- One with HIV can live a long and healthy life.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Answers to misconceptions regarding HIV.