Friday, February 12, 2010

Update on our crazy life

In January, I had a concert in St. George. It's so good to be playing again. I took Faith and Rahel with me and while we were there, they had a collision on a slide. Rahel's elbow was broken....in half. Yikes. We took her to the hospital and had her arm set under sedation. After 2 sleepless nights - Rahel was in a lot of pain, we drove up to Salt Lake to Primary Children's Hospital. We were checked in over night for surgery prep. She was again sedated and underwent surgery in the morning. Running from one end of the hospital to the other (several times I might add) holding 2 girls, our bags and food from doctor to doctor, I ended up pulling a muscle in my arm. I'm so glad to have this nightmare over with! She now has 2 pins in her arm and a very pink cast. She is back to her happy self now that she's not in pain. Between blood draws and sedation, Rahel suffered 7 pokes in 2 weeks. Poor girl cries at the sight of the doctor's office now. She is such a trooper. She is amazingly brave.

Rahel's English is getting better every day. It's so stinkin' cute! She has the cutest way of saying thank you and she says "I love you" with a perfect Mexican accent: "I lo Jew" - I can't get enough!

She LOVES dressing up like a princess. She has commandeered Faith's dress up box and is now the keeper of the tutu, the crowns, the wands and the shoes! What a shoe girl! She changes her shoes several times a day. After dressing up, she'll come up to me and say "Kwanjo" which means Beautiful - what a doll!
Rahel is a total ham. Those of you who stayed at Ritmo guest house with us are well aware of the fact. Out-of-control craziness! After hearing me say Rahel's such a ham, Faith has started introducing Rahel like this: "Hi. This is my sister Rahel. She's a ham." - So funny! I crack up every time I hear this.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that does sound like a crazy couple weeks. I'm glad to hear that everything is going well for you guys. I want to see more pictures of this sweet princess!

    ReplyDelete