Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Gratitude

I have recently injured my pelvis making it impossible to do much of anything without causing myself severe pain.  I thought I'd share my journal entry from yesterday.

I went grocery shopping with the money that the bishop gave us for Christmas and was unable to bend down to the lower shelves in the store.  I was overwhelmed with the kindness of others around me willing to help out with the smallest things.  One man bent down and went through the gallons of milk until he was satisfied that he found the one with the best date for us.  Another man reached down for a gallon of salsa for me.  Another lifted Rahel into the cart for me.  A woman got a chicken for me and put it in my cart.  Even a worker who was stocking the shelves reached spaghetti-o’s on the bottom shelf for me.  When it was time to load the groceries and kiddo’s into the car, I began to panic.  I wasn’t sure how to do this!  A woman 2 cars down walked up to me and asked if I needed any help with my groceries.  She kindly lifted both girls out of the cart and loaded the groceries from the bottom of the cart into the trunk of my car.  She even put the cart away for me.  She asked my name and offered to pray for my back.  What an Angel!  The Lord truly has been mindful of me today and served me through kind people all around me.  I was almost in tears with gratitude when I pulled into my driveway to find that it had been freshly shoveled and salted.  My cup is running over!  What a wonderful day despite the excruciating pain in my pelvis – it didn’t even seem to affect me.

No comments:

Post a Comment